The wedding planner may very well be a lifesaver – especially when you’re bombarded by all the things that clamor for your attention and decision. This makes hiring a wedding planner one very good idea – it can ease out a lot of stress and pressure. Remember, the wedding is your special day – you don’t have to spend it being all stressed out. Rather, you’d want to enjoy the day and let someone else handle the nitty-gritty details.
A wedding planner may be as involved in the planning and execution as you want him or her to be. They can coordinate and work with vendors so that all you have to do is to make decisions as to which designs to go with. The wedding planner can take care of ordering the wedding favors, dress, cake and floral arrangements and ensure that these are delivered on time. They can also be there in the wedding location to help supervise the decorations and even stay after the wedding to look after the clean up.
Indeed, the wedding planner may help you keep your sanity, ensure that the wedding is a success and kept well within budget. That said, you need to be careful in your choice of your wedding planner, since he or she plays such a crucial role in your wedding.
Here are some things you’d want to know with regards to your wedding planner:
– Availability. First, determine whether the planner has an open schedule for your wedding date. You need to know if he or she has other clients booked for that day or for the days leading up to your wedding day. You’d want to have a wedding planner that is fully committed towards your event and will not give only half of his or her attention to it due to the fact that he or she also is juggling other events. Another important thing to check is whether the planner is doing wedding planning as a part-time or fulltime career. Having one that works part time will mean that he or she is only available for calls or meetings during certain days and times.
– Communication. How will you and the wedding planner communicate – by phone, e-mail or both? How quickly can you expect the wedding planner to respond? How easily can you contact him or her and how often will you meet during the planning stage? Remember, some wedding planners will only provide you with a limited number of phone calls/meetings per week and may charge extra for more frequent calls and meetings.
– Services provided. Essentially, wedding planners will adjust themselves according to the level of involvement you want them to have for your wedding. There are some brides who prefer someone who will do the planning and coordinating with the vendors, choosing the wedding reception center and other items such as wedding favors, invitations and so on. There are also some brides who enjoy planning the details and doing the legwork of the wedding and simply need someone behind the curtains on the day of the wedding itself. Ask the planner if the wedding planning package being offered includes helping plan the bachelorette party, rehearsal dinner or honeymoon.
– Experience. A wedding planner’s particular niche should match with what you have in mind for a wedding. Wedding planners who are used to big-budget and elaborate affairs may not be a good fit for a wedding with a small budget. Someone who specializes in formal and church weddings may not have the experience to coordinate a destination wedding. Be sure that the wedding planner you choose has the experience to handle your kind of wedding. You should also ask for referrals for previous clients.
– Vendor network. A good wedding planner can actually help you save money or stretch your budget even further due to the fact that he or she can negotiate with vendors and work out deals so that you will enjoy more bang for your buck. Be sure to ask if the wedding planner can help you stick with your budget.
– Cost. Of course, it is important to discuss how much a wedding planner’s services will cost. Some wedding planners charge a flat fee while others tack on a percentage of the wedding’s total cost. Before you sign the contract, be sure to know the details of the costing – what services are included and what extra charges may be added.
A wedding planner gives you something precious you can enjoy – peace of mind. There are also some wedding venues that provide an in-house coordinator for your wedding day needs. This way, you have someone to go to for any needs you may have during the day of the wedding.
One such wedding reception venue is Western Gardens’ The Atrium in Sandy Utah. Aside from an in-house coordinator, this Sandy, Utah wedding venue offers a wide variety of facilities such as in-house vendors, beautiful backdrops for both indoor and outdoor weddings, a lovely water installation and much more.